Contributing to PASCal¶
This project welcomes contributions and suggestions.
Code of Conduct¶
Help us keep this project open and inclusive. Please read and follow our Code of Conduct.
Found an Issue?¶
This package uses Poetry to manage dependencies. After following Poetry's own installation instructions, and with an appropriate Python version set up, you can install PASCal with all required development dependencies using:
git clone email@example.com:MJCliffe/PASCal
poetry install --all-extras
Want a Feature?¶
You can request a new feature by submitting an issue to the GitHub Repository. If you would like to implement a new feature, please submit an issue with a proposal for your work first, to be sure that we can use it.
- Small Features can be crafted and directly submitted as a Pull Request.
Submitting an Issue¶
Before you submit an issue, search the archive, maybe your question was already answered.
If your issue appears to be a bug, and hasn't been reported, open a new issue. Help us to maximize the effort we can spend fixing issues and adding new features, by not reporting duplicate issues. Providing the following information will increase the chances of your issue being dealt with quickly:
- Overview of the Issue - if an error is being thrown a non-minified stack trace helps
- Version - what version is affected (e.g. 0.1.2)
- Motivation for or Use Case - explain what are you trying to do and why the current behavior is a bug for you
- Browsers and Operating System - is this a problem with all browsers?
- Reproduce the Error - provide a live example or a unambiguous set of steps
- Related Issues - has a similar issue been reported before?
- Suggest a Fix - if you can't fix the bug yourself, perhaps you can point to what might be causing the problem (line of code or commit)
You can file new issues by providing the above information at the corresponding repository's issues link: https://github.com/MJCliffe/PASCal/issues/new].
Submitting a Pull Request (PR)¶
Before you submit your Pull Request (PR) consider the following guidelines:
- Search the repository (https://github.com/MJCliffe/PASCal/pulls) for an open or closed PR that relates to your submission. You don't want to duplicate effort.
- Make your changes in a new git fork:
- Commit your changes using a descriptive commit message
- Push your fork to GitHub:
- In GitHub, create a pull request
- If we suggest changes then:
- Make the required updates.
Rebase your fork and force push to your GitHub repository (this will update your Pull Request):
git rebase master -i git push -f